- Local News
- Librarian turning to community to expand library TEUTOPOLIS -- Teutopolis school district librarian is trying to find people willing to buy new books for school libraries in the district. Susan Yallaly told the Unit 50 Board of Education Monday donors may join the Wooden Shoe Book Club. "People wil
- Patient Rams beat Effingham MT. VERNON - The Lady Rams softball team scored three runs without a hit in a crucial fourth-inning rally Tuesday against Effingham. Mt. Vernon drew three walks in the inning and claimed a 7-5 win. The game marked the final home game for the seniors.
4-H animals perish in barn fire
Firefighters from four departments doused a barn blaze on 650th Street south of the Dexter community Tuesday morning.
- County seeking more resident involvement Effingham County officials want to know if any private citizens are interested in being on an appointive board. County Board Chairman Jim Niemann said after Monday's Legislative Committee of the Whole meeting board members want to give the public a c
Blaze damages building in Shelbyville
A fire Monday evening in the Shelbyville downtown business district damaged several building.
- Police seeking information in vandalism spree Effingham police are investigating a vandalism spree that left nine vehicles with broken windows over the past few days. Police reported that seven of the nine vehicles were in the neighborhood west and south of the Effingham Equity complex on Temple
- Movie showing offers unique experience People, especially children, on the autism spectrum do not always function well in a darkened movie theater. But at Helen Matthes Library in Effingham, The Autism Program has been sponsoring monthly film showings designed for families with a child on
- Effingham County has multiplier of 1 Effingham County again has a "property assessment equalization factor" of 1.0000, the Illinois Department of Revenue said in a news release. Commonly known as a multiplier, the factor is used to achieve uniform property assessments among counties, as
Doctor's office being investigated
An Effingham physician's office visited by federal, state and local agents Wednesday will remain open, the physician said. "We're open. There's no problem at all," said Dr. Naeem Kohli, owner of the Kohli Neurology, Pain and Sleep Center, 500 N. Mapl
- Neoga School district discusses budgets for this year and next With summer approaching, Neoga school board made preparations for whatever financial situation they expect to find themselves in at the board's meeting Thursday night. "While everyone else is winding down for the year, we're entering probably the big
- More Local News Headlines