- Local News
Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.Continued ...
- Street closure
- Effingham County Engineers set facts straight on fracking
- Yoder pleads not guilty to stabbing death
- Veteran returns to past war zone to celebrate triumph
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
Extra-inning affair Neoga tops Central A&M in 11 frames
ASSUMPTION - Seven innings weren't enough to settle Thursday's game between Neoga and Central A&M. Neither were three extra frames. In the bottom of the 11th, however, the Indians finally had their answer. After back-to-back singles from Guy Walk anContinued ...
- Cougars' bats lead them to regional final South Central downs St. Elmo 12-0
- Twelve move on at girls state finals
- Extra-inning affair Neoga tops Central A&M in 11 frames
- Death Notices
Robert Richard 'Bob' Taphorn, 80, of Altamont, died at 1:18 a.m. Wednesday, May 15, 2013, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Monday at St. Clare Catholic Church with the Rev. Joseph Simburger officiating.Continued ...
- David Teets
- Richard Newell
- Dedra Gates
- James Niebrugge
- Robert Taphorn
VIDEO: Meet the family that never learned to walk on two legs
Their parents had accepted the children as they were; they'd never tried to teach them to walk. In this very proscribed world, walking on hands and feet made nearly as much sense as walking upright.Continued ...
- Ditch the flowers, go with these cool Mother's Day gifts
- Lexus IS C is sporty, luxurious
- Have political parties lost their purpose?
- VIDEO: Meet the family that never learned to walk on two legs
- CNHI News Service Originals