- Local News
Drug Court gives grads second chance at life
Greg Evans has been arrested more times than he can remember, spent time in jail, and been a drug user for 25 years of his life. At the Effingham Area Drug Court Graduation Friday, he hoped to put all that behind him. "The only hope we have is here tContinued ...
- Street closure
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- Effingham County Engineers set facts straight on fracking
- Yoder pleads not guilty to stabbing death
- Drug Court gives grads second chance at life
Extra-inning affair Neoga tops Central A&M in 11 frames
ASSUMPTION - Seven innings weren't enough to settle Thursday's game between Neoga and Central A&M. Neither were three extra frames. In the bottom of the 11th, however, the Indians finally had their answer. After back-to-back singles from Guy Walk anContinued ...
- Cougars' bats lead them to regional final South Central downs St. Elmo 12-0
- Twelve move on at girls state finals
- Extra-inning affair Neoga tops Central A&M in 11 frames
- Death Notices
John Oscar Hoffman, 87, of Edgewood, peacefully passed away at 8:45 p.m. Thursday, May 16, 2013, at Champaign County Nursing Home in Urbana surrounded by his loving family. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Pagel Funeral Home, Edgewood,Continued ...
- David Teets
- Robert Taphorn
- Pauline Gearing
- Ruth Stephens
- John Hoffman
Feces contaminates 58 percent of public swimming pools
Human feces taints more than half of public swimming pools, a finding U.S. health officials are using to urge better personal hygiene as the summer months approach.Continued ...
- VIDEO: Meet the family that never learned to walk on two legs
- Ditch the flowers, go with these cool Mother's Day gifts
- Lexus IS C is sporty, luxurious
- Feces contaminates 58 percent of public swimming pools
- CNHI News Service Originals
SLIDESHOW: Texas storms damage homes, uproot trees
After a series of tornadoes touched down outside Dallas, residents of many Texas communities are cleaning up.Continued ...
- How to eat for $1.50 a day
- Death row inmate says he 'deserves to die'
- SLIDESHOW: Texas storms damage homes, uproot trees